R & D Formulation Chemist, Senior
McKenna Labs, a manufacturer of personal care products, is currently seeking a Research & Development Formulation Chemist to formulate, develop, and improve personal care products using creative and innovative solutions, processes, and protocols.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
- Reverse engineering of existing marketed products.
- Formulates innovative personal care products for clients or sales department.
- Formulates independently with minimal supervision.
- Carry out innovative research to add products to skin and cosmetic library.
- Create product specifications and BOMs for new products.
- Oversees compounding of various products.
- Creates sample products for customer approval.
- Oversees the documentation of all products developed in lab.
- Conducts necessary stability testing to ensure new product integrity.
- Focuses on customer expectations, prevention of problems and strives for continuous improvement.
- Exercises and monitors GMP and safety compliance requirements in the work environment.
- Continues to gain knowledge of new ingredients, clean beauty trends and technologies in the industry and applies them into formulation.
- Continues to gain knowledge of global regulatory changes and applies to current projects.
- Manage multiple projects, duties, and assignments in a timely manner and under tight guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
B.S. in Chemistry or related field required.
5 – 10 years of experience working in the research and development of personal care products.
To fulfill requirements of job successfully, an individual must be capable of working independently with minimal supervision. Good organizational, problem solving, and mathematical skills. Good verbal and written skills. Ability to type documents accurately and efficiently. Computer literacy required, word processing and spreadsheet skills necessary. Organized and attention to detail is a must. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The salary range for this role is $85,000 – $125,000 annually. Compensation is commensurate with level of knowledge, education, skills, and experience applicable to the position.
We understand that each team member’s situation is unique, and so it is our intent to offer an overall benefits package that can be shaped and molded by each individual to fit their family’s needs. Our current benefits package, which is available to all full-time team members, includes medical, dental, vision insurance, 401k retirement plan, flexible spending accounts, life and disability coverage, and other voluntary benefits.
We want everyone to feel welcome, respected and we are committed to providing the best space, experience and workplace for our teams – no matter what race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, veteran or disability status and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.