We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Engineering and Maintenance Manager to lead our maintenance, reliability, and plant site engineer teams. This individual will ensure the efficient and safe operation of plant facilities, equipment, and systems. This role combines engineering knowledge with maintenance leadership to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of our plant operations. As the Engineering and Maintenance Manager, you will play a crucial role in optimizing production processes, implementing cost-effective solutions, and driving asset reliability and continuous improvement initiatives.
What you’ll do:
Leadership and Team Management:
- Provide strong leadership to the engineering and maintenance team members, fostering a culture of continuous improvement that is collaborative, empowering and motivating.
- Lead, champion, guide or assist engineering projects related to process improvements, equipment upgrades, and facilities expansions.
- Set clear goals and performance targets, monitor progress, and provide constructive feedback to team members.
- Develop training programs to enhance the technical and interpersonal skills of your team.
Facilities and Equipment:
- Oversee a comprehensive maintenance and reliability strategy ensuring minimal downtime, optimal equipment performance, timely repairs, reduced operational risk, and optimized asset life of all plant facilities and production systems and equipment.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to schedule maintenance activities without disrupting production schedules and ensuring compliance with safety and quality standards.
- Prioritize maintenance needs and allocate resources effectively.
- Collaborate with external vendors, suppliers, and contractors to source equipment, materials, and repair and installation services.
- Ensure equipment and machinery modifications/repairs align with engineering, maintenance, and reliability standards.
- Manage and optimize utility systems, such as HVAC, water, and energy, to enhance plant efficiency following company standards and best practices.
Production Process Optimization:
- Collaborate with internal and external groups to analyze production processes, identify opportunities for improvement in efficiency and productivity, and provide insights for the development of new products and processes.
- Work closely with production and operations teams to streamline workflows and eliminate bottlenecks.
- Working closely with internal teams, you will help implement lean manufacturing principles and Six Sigma methodologies to enhance overall plant performance including maintenance performance.
Capital Projects and Budget Management:
- Working closely with internal teams, develop, manage, and support capital improvement projects to enhance plant capabilities and capacity.
- Prepare and manage budgets for engineering projects, equipment upgrades, and maintenance activities.
- Monitor expenses and control costs to meet performance and financial targets. Evaluate and implement cost-effective solutions for equipment upgrades, replacements, and modifications.
Continuous Improvement Initiatives:
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to optimize plant performance, reduce waste, and increase overall efficiency.
- Apply engineering principles to troubleshoot complex technical issues and provide innovative solutions.
- Conduct or review studies for the implementation of new equipment, technologies, and automation systems.
- Implement new technologies and innovative engineering solutions to continuously improve engineering and maintenance processes, reliability techniques, and equipment efficiency.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or similar discipline (all engineering related disciplines will be considered). An Associate’s degree will be considered for the right candidate with the right level of experiences.
- Proven experience in plant engineering and maintenance management or related manufacturing roles. 7+ years professional experience with at least 5+ years leading maintenance/engineering disciplines is strongly preferred. Experience in the personal care products manufacturing industry is ideal, but not a requirement.
- Strong leadership/team management skills with ability to motivate and manage a diverse team.
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing processes, equipment maintenance, reliability practices, and troubleshooting techniques for equipment and systems.
- Familiarity with safety regulations and environmental compliance standards.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities with the ability to make decisions under pressure.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate across departments and communicate effectively with team members.
- Strong project management skills and budget management experience.
- Proficient in reading and using CAD drawing to understand equipment maintenance and repair issues.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to identify trends, analyze data, and make informed decisions.
- Must ensure Good Manufacturing Practices and good housekeeping guidelines.
- Fluency in English. Bilingual in technical Spanish is a strong differentiator.
The salary range for this role is $95,000 – $130,000 annually. Compensation is commensurate with level of knowledge, education, skills, and experience applicable to the position.
We understand that each team member’s situation is unique, and so it is our intent to offer an overall benefits package that can be shaped and molded by each individual to fit their family’s needs. Our current benefits package, which is available to all full-time team members, includes medical, dental, vision insurance, 401k retirement plan, flexible spending accounts, life and disability coverage, and other voluntary benefits.
We want everyone to feel welcome, respected and we are committed to providing the best space, experience and workplace for our teams – no matter what race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, veteran or disability status and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.