We are looking for experienced Compounders for 1st and 2nd shifts.
The Compounder is responsible for the efficient, accurate, and consistent processing of raw materials needed for the quality production of personal care products manufactured to customer specifications.
- Receive bulk materials, weighs and subdivides materials in strict accordance with manufacturing procedures; loads into automatic equipment and makes necessary adjustments to ensure proper mix of ingredients, and monitors progress to ensure finished product meets production standards.
- Mix, compound, process, test, adjust, and modify raw ingredients to successfully carry out and complete the proper manufacturing process of products.
- Check and review in-process production to ensure compliance with internal and customer specifications.
- Follow approved manufacturing protocol, recordkeeping and methods of operation, including but not limited to Standard Operating Procedures, batch cards, facility regulations, departmental rules, and required regulatory procedures.
- Ensure equipment and working area meets all required sanitary standards.
- Operate drum lifter to lift drums in production process, forklift and /or pallet jack to transport raw materials or finished product, and scales to weigh bulk materials when necessary.
- Submit samples to Quality Control for approval.
- Maintain required logs and other batch records accurately and completely.
- Perform duties in compliance with company safety rules, SOP’s, and GMP’s.
- Maintain work area clean and organized ensuring tools and supplies are stored in proper places.
- Communicate effectively across all levels of the department and organization.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Must have proven ability to read, write, and communicate in English.
- Minimum of one (1) year compounding experience, preferably in the personal care products, food manufacturing, or nutraceutical, industries.
- Proven experience to batch single phase or multi-phase complex formulas.
- General knowledge of compounding equipment.
- Ability to operate forklift, pallet jack, and drum lifter to transport raw materials and finished products.
- Experience with the cleaning and sanitization process of all manufacturing and/or compounding equipment a plus.
- Must know color matching plus emulsification chemistry.
- Ability to do basic math which includes but is not limited to, addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, and percentages.
- Must be able to convert weight measurements and use different kinds of scales.
- Standing for long periods of time, walking, and working with hands.
- Able to see, smell, and hear.
- Frequently required to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, twist, or bend.
- Able to climb ladders and perform duties at elevated levels.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Must demonstrate good memory/concentration skills.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes, airborne particles, and pathogenic organisms. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
$17.00 – $25.00 depending on relevant experience