Under general supervision, cleans, disinfects and sterilizes cosmetics manufacturing equipment of various sizes, including large batching tanks and totes. Able to assist in the preparation of reports, records, etc., for assigned tasks.
- Familiar with related GMP procedures and requirements, as directly related to the position.
- Demonstrate understanding of the decontamination and sterilization process of equipment used in the manufacturing process.
- Demonstrate knowledge required to accurately disassemble and assemble all equipment components in preparation of or post cleaning/sanitizing.
- Ensure that appropriate procedures and processes are utilized without unauthorized modifications.
- Uses various cleaning and sterilization processes.
- Maintain cleanliness and safety of work area according to established protocol.
- Basic computer skills sufficient to enter data and report problems to supervisor via email.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Familiarity with executing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the cosmetics, pharmaceutical, or health industries.
- Must be able to work well independently with minimal supervision and in a team environment.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Demonstrates appropriate safety consciousness.
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English. Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
- Requires physical activity such as standing for long periods of time, walking, and working with hands.
- Able to see, smell, and hear.
- Frequently required to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, twist, or bend.
- Able to climb into a partially enclosed tank while wearing personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Must demonstrate good memory/concentration skills.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, airborne particles, water, and non-hazardous as well as potentially hazardous chemicals.
- Sanitary gear and other PPE relevant to this position is provided.
- The noise level in the work environment is generally moderate.
- Must have the ability to work safely and conscientiously in a manufacturing environment.
- Occasionally required to work overtime, including on weekends and holidays.
- May require adjustment to a shift schedule as manufacturing objectives change.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled