Quotation and Cost Analyst (QCA) is responsible for coordinating the development and distribution of Company sales quotations for new business opportunities and the ongoing monitoring of production standards to actual and identifying and explaining variances by customer, part number and production orders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Using approved formulas and methodologies, prepares accurate estimates of manufacturing costs, including but not limited to labor, material, production, etc. in a timely manner for actual and proposed jobs.
- Partners with sales team to ensure a clear understanding of product and/or project requirements, specifications, and RFPs from customers.
- Analyzes specifications of job beginning with product development through completion and delivery to ensure all information required to calculate cost is includes. Refines specifications based on knowledge and experience for better production, lower cost, better suitability to customer and manufacturing capacities. Suggests appropriate manufacturing cost savings.
- Provides analysis and calculations for production costing activities including material, labor, and overhead (actual vs. standard cost).
- Analyzes job cost to determine whether estimating standards are correct or need to be adjusted. Reports variances to management.
- Communicates problems with manufacturing timeline, price, or quantities.
- Prepares revised cost estimate when customer specifications change.
- Partners with Operations team to assure manufacturing capabilities are accurately represented in quotes.
- Tracks manufacturing conditions and raw material pricing for significant changes. Update sales quotations, as applicable.
- Maintains centralized database for completed quotations.
- Follows company safety programs to ensure a safe working environment.
- Exercises and monitors GMP and safety compliance requirements in the work environment.
- Prioritizes work to meet production and customer delivery expectations.
- Communicates effectively with team members and other departments.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in customer service, project management, estimating, or equivalent position.
- Proficiency in accounting related computer ERP systems.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and recommend alternative solutions or approaches to problems.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing from sales to production and shipping.
- Ability to understand the needs and concerns of internal and external customers and respond effectively in a professional manner.
- Strong ability to organize, handle, and prioritize multiple issues simultaneously.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with a strong eye for detail.