The Master Scheduler will lead the team in the development, generation and analysis of the master production plan. The Scheduler will be responsible for ensuring available capacity, short and long-term, and material flow from supply base to support production of both new and existing items. The Master Scheduler will work with internal business partners, including Customer Service, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Maintenance/ Engineering, Quality, and R & D to develop production plans which meet service objectives, optimize inventory investment, and facilitate efficient utilization of resources.
- Contributes to an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve both their individual and team contributions to achieve desired business results.
- Develops, publishes, and maintains the master production schedule, balancing production capacity and inventory levels to achieve company objectives relative to customer service, sales, efficient resource/capacity (labor and equipment utilization), and inventory control. Collaborates with Procurement, Production, Maintenance/Engineering and Quality to finalize the weekly plan.
- Manages material supply demands, prepares work orders or purchase requests for the production or purchase of components based on a master production schedule.
- Works with Sales, Purchasing and Operations teams to develop and manage forecasts for material planning considering current inventory, obsolescence, lead times, seasonality, new/discontinued items, account promotions, product shelf life and production capacity.
- Monitor and measure actual output versus the Master Production Plan. Identify gaps and drive solutions, including a metric on production performance to the requested production schedule.
- Identify planning risks and expedite alternative solutions and recommendations to resolve demand/supply and capacity issues ensuring personnel, equipment, materials and services are provided as needed.
- Primary contact regarding scheduling of shipments; alert management to major swings in demand or capacity impacting delivery schedules.
- Actively participates in preventive maintenance schedules, for coordination with production plans and inventories.
- Participates or leads cost savings and productivity initiatives.
- Perform duties in compliance with company safety rules, SOP’s, and GMP’s
- Perform other duties as assigned.