The Equipment Mechanic troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic components of production and facility equipment using hand tools, power tools, and precision measuring instruments. This position will visually inspect and listen to machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunctions and keep the equipment operational. Job duties for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Independently, or as a member of a team, skillfully perform minor/major maintenance activities on all production equipment to include, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, diagnostics and preventive maintenance.
- Read and understand work orders and interpret equipment manuals and schematics to make necessary repairs, adjustments, testing, or installation.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Ability to sit and intermittently walk, stand, climb, balance, stop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach while performing maintenance work; lift and/or move up 50 pounds frequently and up to 75 pounds occasionally; use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools and controls; occasionally climb ladders and staircases to heights up to and including 20 feet.
- The successful candidate will provide a basic set of hand tools and have the ability to safety operate and maintain power tools.
- Troubleshooting skills, basic match, computer, and good communication skills are essential.
- Perform job duties in a safe manner and comply with all safety and environmental policies and regulations.
- Maintain work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- 3+ years of Maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to perform math functions, understand and follow instructions, troubleshoot effectively and respond quickly to solve equipment malfunctions.
- Ability to follow safety instructions while performing tasks and effectively communicate with team members and supervision is necessary.
- Flexibility to work overtime, including weekends and other shifts as necessary.
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented, and possess good follow-up skills and excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Must provide own set of tools and be able to safety operate both hand and power tools.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled