We are looking for a System Administrator to maintain, upgrade and manage our array of software, hardware and network technologies. Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role with the ability to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. Patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users is a required. Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Configure, manage, and troubleshoot Windows operating systems and applications.
- Manage updates, backups, and documentation for Windows workstations and servers.
- Work directly and coordinate with consultants in in-house specialized technologies.
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls.
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Build/maintain technical documentation, knowledge base, manuals and IT policies.
- Install and configure software and hardware.
- Add/modify/delete users and permissions in an Active Directory environment.
- Configure and manage Microsoft Exchange mailboxes, distribution lists, and public folders.
- Work comfortably with resolving user desktop problems and basic server administration.
- Configure user access, end-user applications, and assist with other duties, as requested.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role.
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management.
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery.
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms.
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office / O365 Suite.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and experience with VMware, ERP systems (Dynamics GP).
- PBX / VoIP telecommunication systems.
- Cloud environment of Office 365, which includes some Online SharePoint Administration, User Administration.
- Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree, with a technical study in computer systems, networks, and/or operations or equivalent experience; professional certification (e.g.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)).