The Enterprise Project Manager (EPM) facilitates the intake and prioritization of projects to ensure alignment with McKenna Labs’ strategies, and provides effective project management governance and delivery of initiatives. The EPM will be measured against their ability to:
- Increase alignment with company-wide strategic priorities
- Effectively plan for company-wide resource capacity
- Increase visibility into project risks and inter dependencies
- Standardize project management methodology
- Deliver “big bet” projects and programs
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities
- In alignment with Company strategy, establish management processes which supports senior leadership and ensuring that all stakeholder expectations and interests are appropriately accounted for and integrated.
- Participate in the strategic business planning process, capturing project requests and ensuring each request has sufficient information to assess the project.
- Provide oversight in reviewing, estimating, prioritizing, selecting and funding of projects based on stakeholder’s expectations, company strategic plan and available resources.
- Develop detailed implementation plan to support strategic planning process.
- Develop, maintain, and advance a 3-year road map of projects across the Company, leading regular ongoing project performance review meetings and reporting on project commitments.
- Educate and drive project management processes throughout the organization, ensuring compliance.
- Play a critical role in maturing change capability and organizational resiliency in our organization. Coach business leaders on change management strategies, and provide direct change management support for key initiatives.
- Scope major strategic initiatives and manage end-to-end execution from idealization through end-state delivery to ensure business-driven results and trans-formative outcomes.
- Create and maintain a platform for developing the overall project management competency and skills across the Company.
- Mentor and coach current and aspiring PM’s throughout the organization.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
Knowledge and Skills Requirement
- Proven ability to build synergistic relationships and interact with senior level executives to influence strategy, priorities, and the use of resources to optimize our return on investments.
- Strong knowledge and experience in estimation methodologies, budget management, risk, issue, and change management.
- Strategic leadership abilities to work across technology and business, building strong and enthusiastic relationships to achieve desired outcomes with demonstrated strategic thinking and approach to problem solving.
- Exceptional project management skills for the effective deployment of resources and achievement of projects in a cross-functional environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to negotiate, persuade, and make effective presentations of communicate complex technical issues to non-technical users.
- Ability to work effectively in cross functional, team environments with the ability to influence within a matrix environment.
- A high level of confidence, integrity, and critical thinking skills, establishing credibility and decisiveness while balancing varying business considerations/priorities.
- Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project and change management methodologies, techniques, and tools.
- Financial acumen to accurately forecast and manage overall project costs.
- Ability to lead a team of both dedicated direct reports and “virtual” reports to ensure consistent program management, communication and output by project
Education, Work Experience, and Professional Certifications
- Bachelors’ degree in Business, Engineering, or Computer Science
- Master’s degree strongly preferred (MBA, MIS or equivalent curriculum)
- Minimum 8 years senior management experience with demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning and experience developing and implementing strategies for achieving business objectives and organizing and managing multiple priorities.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive responsibility managing multiple large complex projects in a cross functional environment demonstrating standard project management skills.
- Minimum of 5 years or more of experience in project management, balancing and leading the prioritization of new project efforts.
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment a plus.
- PMI Certification for Project or Program Management