The Account Representative is responsible for coordinating production-related activities for new and existing customer accounts in a complex, multiple step process. They will foster customer relationships and is the primary production liaison for the customer and internal supporting departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
- May serve as the primary contact for the customer, sales, and internal supporting departments. Responsible for ensuring all key stakeholders are fully engaged and informed.
- Coordinate and communicate with R & D, Production, and Quality throughout new product development process.
- Knowledgeable in understanding their customer’s products, and helps facilitate the needs, goals, and objectives of their customers for successful development and production of their products.
- Assist in building strong relationships with customers by working through company processes to meet their requirements.
- Collaborate with internal and external support resources to satisfy customer expectations.
- Responsible for seamless and transparent execution from order acceptance through final product delivery.
- Review order and verify customer materials and specifications with customer and internal processing departments.
- Monitor schedule to ensure timely receipt of Bill of Materials to enable adherence to schedule and delivery commitments.
- Timely updates to ensure customer changes are communicated, captured, and billed.
- Able to arrange the appropriate resources to ensure their customer’s work is executed and can clearly identify when to seek assistance from internal experts when customer specification changes occur.
- Participate in internal production meetings to discuss orders and their specifications to all related support and processing departments.
- Effectively resolve and/or escalate customer issues to sales and management, resulting from service failures or misaligned customer expectations
- Work closely with our Purchasing and R&D with gathering all costing information required for quoting.
- Attend and work pertinent trade shows and seminars.
- Develop knowledge of all departments and all aspects of the company.
To fulfill requirements of job successfully, an individual must be capable of working independently with minimal supervision. Good organizational, problem solving, and mathematical skills. Good verbal and written skills. Ability to successfully complete multiple tasks and responsibilities by managing priorities and maintaining schedule commitments. Good Customer Service skills required such as patience, attentiveness, communicating clearly, and the ability to use “Positive Language”. Self-starter and decision maker, who can effectively execute work to achieve objectives. Computer literacy required; Microsoft Word and Excel skills necessary.
Minimum 3 years related experience in an administrative customer service environment, preferably in manufacturing. Experience in the personal care products or cosmetics manufacturing industry a plus.